- 40 g (1.41 oz) teff seeds (cooked)
- 50 g (1.76 oz) buckwheat (ground)
- 50 g (1.76 oz) ground hazelnuts
- 100 g (3.53 oz) dates (soaked in water)
- 30 g (1.06 oz) coconut oil
- 1 chia egg (soak 1 tbsp of chia sseeds in 3 tbsp of water for 10 minutes)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp of cocoa powder
- handful of whole hazelnuts
Mix buck wheat, ground hazelnuts, baking powder, cocoa powder, vanilla powder and salt. Mix the dates with some of the water that it’s been soaking in. Now add the cooked teff seeds, the chia egg and the coconut oil and thoroughly mix everything together. Now add the dry ingredients (except the whole hazelnuts) and mix everything. Take spoonfuls of the dough and place them on a baking sheet. Press one whole hazelnut into each dough ball. Bake the cookies for approximately 25 minutes at 180℃ (356 °F).
A big thank you goes to the chef and nutritional expert Michaelah who kindly shared this recipe with us. On her instagram page you will find lots more healthy, vegan recipe ideas.