Have you ever heard of “Teffotto”? It’s like risotto but with teff seeds instead of rice.
Ingredients (3-4 persons)
- 3-4 beetroot tubers (pre-cooked)
- 10.6 oz Teff seeds from “The Essence of Africa”
- 5.3 oz feta cheese (or goat cream cheese)
- 2 small onions
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp honey
- a few sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 shot red wine
- 0.02 – 0.03 fl oz vegetable stock
- 150 g Feta-Käse (alternativ auch Ziegenfrischkäse
- 1 tbsp butter
Cut beetroot, onions and garlic into small cubes and sauté the onions and garlic first. Then add the beetroot cubes and drizzle honey over them so that they caramelize lightly. Then add the Teff to the pan and sauté briefly. Deglaze with a sip of red wine, add a few sprigs of rosemary and the vegetable stock bit by bit, while stirring constantly. Be aware, always add new broth when the previous broth has almost been absorbed. Repeat this process until the Teff is “al dente” and shows a creamy consistency. Add half of the feta and the butter and melt slowly. Finally, garnish the risotto with the rest of the feta and the remaining rosemary and serve warm.